Hi i am looking for a place to buy/sell Ethereum in AUSTRALIA. What is the difference between BTCmarkets.com and independent reserve?
Which one is cheaper and more effective? Which one is more trusted? Are they both easy to buy and sell Ethereum?
Do i need any other programs with either?
First reply
There isn't really much difference overall. They both are effectively the same thing, Australian based P2P crypto exchanges.
BTCMarkets fees start at 0.85% (they do decrease with volume pretty quickly though).
IR fees start at 0.5% (they decrease with volume, but you need a lot of volume).
BTCMarkets overall is much more popular, maybe 3 times more volume. So it is more liquid/stable.
A slight annoyance I have with Independent Reserve is it takes a lot more confirmations for your coins to clear. i.e. when I send ether to IR it took 30mins until I could use them, where as with BTCm it was only 10mins. (I'm not sure, but I think bitcoins are similar).
You don't need other programs. But if you are buying for long term investment, most people would recommend you to take the coins to an offline wallet i.e. don't leave them on the exchange where they may be vulnerable in a hack. Do some research in offline wallets.
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2645089
Comments
Post a Comment